This Chocolate Chip Cookie Crunch Paleo Ice Cream is creamy, sweet, and oh so chocolate chip cookie crumble good! On top of being incredibly easy to prepare (no churn option), this delicious ice cream will have you forgetting about the store-bought kind! Knowing that it’s sinless, Paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free (with a vegan option), and refined sugar-free amplifies the splendor of this ice cream even more!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Crunch Paleo Ice Cream—does that not get your tongue motor running? 👅🚗💨 If salivation isn’t in action, or if your eyelids aren’t frozen open from the sound of this ice cream … I don’t know what’s wrong with you. 😟 But if that is the case, tell me … do the looks of this Chocolate Chip Cookie Crunch Paleo Ice Cream do it for you? 😏🍪🍦
I can hear you through the computer screen. YES. 😜 So glad we can come to yet another agreement on Triple S! 👏🏼
Let’s get to why this sinless Chocolate Chip Cookie Crunch Paleo Ice Cream emerged. For Mother’s Day this year, I made my mom a two-layer Paleo chocolate cake with Paleo chocolate frosting (don’t even get me started on how YUMMY that was—recipe coming soon, maybe. 😉) and I thought I needed to do a little bit more for her. It’s not like I already homemade her these Easy Paleo Tortillas (one of her ultimate favorites), bought her flowers, or gifts. 💐🎁💝 Gifts from the heart are always the best ones, and food meets that criteria!
Trust me, nothing I do will ever be enough for her. The amount of devotion she has for being a mother is out of this galaxy. 🙌🏼🌌🚀💫 She is seriously the BEST!! ❤️
Nevertheless, I wanted to make her cake AND ice cream. Like I’ve said before, I have several ice cream recipes (though only three, as of now, are on my blog), but I wanted to make something new for her.
I have a thing for mixing up the food, snacks, and desserts that I make; I’m not one of those people that nail, let’s say … Paleo Apple Blueberry Muffins or Choco-Berry Bars for the first time and continue to make them for snacks for several weeks in a row. Sorry, Miguel. 😆 My mind is always creating something new for me to write down. It turns out that that’s a good quality if you’re a food blogger. 😉
Back to the story.
So, I remember my mom loving my Soft & Chewy Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies, which gave me the idea for a new ice cream flavor! 💡Instead of doing a Paleo cookie dough ice cream—which sounds delicious, so you know I’ll be making up my own version—I wanted to do something more original. It needed a special quality, especially for a day like Mother’s Day. ☺️
Since my Soft & Chewy Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies are so simple to make, I, literally, threw this recipe together within 5 minutes and got to baking. 💃🏻
As you know, I moved about four months ago and I love my new kitchen so much more, mainly because I got more cabinet space to fill. 😈
Kandy Sinless says she couldn’t care less about the space of the cabinetry. 😒 She fancies the black granite countertops and the color of cherry cabinets, since they bring out her red undertones. 😌 Yes, my kitchen aide mixer has a mind of her own and she can be a bit stuck up. 😂 Thankfully, she’s content in my new kitchen.
Furthermore, all my appliances work great. However, my new oven is hot! 🔥 Like, I had to do some serious recipe adjusting after baking and cooking in it, because it cooks everything so fast! Unfortunately, I overlooked that when baking the cookies. 😣
When I lifted them up, the bottoms were as black as night. I was so upset. 😢 I wasted all that time and my favorite, not exactly cheap, Lily’s dark chocolate. I couldn’t bear to look at the trashcan as I dumped the unsalvageable cookies in it to swallow up. 😞 But that was the end of that, I needed dust off the sorrow and get another batch of cookies in the oven since I already prepared the ice cream.
After some proper oven temperature adjusting they came out looking (and tasting) like perfection, which brings us to the taste of this Chocolate Chip Cookie Crunch Paleo Ice Cream. 😋 If the Chewy & Soft Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies taste like perfection, you can only image what they taste like, merged with a vanilla based Paleo ice cream. SO GOOD!! 😍
This ice cream is smooth and totally addicting. You get a bite of Paleo chocolate chip cookie in every spoonful, insuring that you always get the chocolate chip cookie crunch experience. 🍪🍦The cookies also enhance the flavor and sweetness of the already yummy ice cream base, persuading your mind into thinking, “there’s no way this is healthy!” 😮
I know it will be difficult, but just keep reassuring your brain that this Chocolate Chip Cookie Crunch Paleo Ice Cream is:
- Easy to make
- Dairy-free (with a vegan option)
- Refined sugar-free
- Creamy—without dairy!
- Sinlessly sweet
I’m telling you, even though the chocolate cake stole the show, when this ice cream came into the mix, everything changed. It turned a complimentative moment into an indescribable one, as my family and I indulged in a serene silence. We were all suffering from a serious spurt of unremitting mouthgasms, prohibiting any sort of communication. 😂
Hands down, one of the best desserts I’ve ever tasted! 😋 I’m so glad it was for my mom. 😘 By the way, thanks for the styling props, Mom—as usual! ☺️
If you make this recipe and don’t devour it upon making it, please share a picture of it for me on your social media, hashtaging #sabrinassinlesssecrets (#becausesinlessisdelicious #TripleS) and tagging me @sabrinassinlesssecrets so I can see your masterpiece! 😘❤️
- 2 cans full-fat coconut milk (don’t worry about chilling them, we’re going to use all of it!)
- ⅓ – ½ cup raw honey or maple syrup
- 2 large, organic egg yolk, room temperature (omit if vegan; the egg yolks increase the creaminess)
- 1 tablespoon tapioca or arrowroot starch (enhances creaminess and prevents iciness)
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon gelatin (enhances creaminess and prevents iciness; if vegan, sub with 1 or ½ teaspoon xanthan gum or omit completely)
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- 8-10 Soft & Chewy Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies, crushed
- ½ - ¾ cup chopped nuts of choice, optional
- In a medium saucepan over low-medium heat, whisk together the canned coconut milk and raw honey or maple syrup.
- Once the mixture gets warm, add the egg yolks, whisking them in one at a time. If the mixture is too hot they will turn into scrambled eggs, so make sure it doesn’t boil!
- Thereafter, whisk in the tapioca or arrowroot starch and salt.
- Then, sprinkle the gelatin or xanthan gum over the mixture and whisk in.
- Let the mixture sit for about 5 minutes, whisking occasionally.
- Lastly, set a strainer over a large heat-safe bowl and pour the mixture into the bowl over the strainer. Discard any remnants from the strainer.
- If using an ice cream maker, transfer the ice cream to the fridge until cooled, whisking every so often.
- Once cooled, pour it into your ice cream maker and churn according to your ice cream maker’s directions. In the last five minutes of churning, add in the crushed cookies and nuts gradually.
- The consistency will be like soft serve once finished, so if you prefer it a little firmer allow it to set in the freezer in an airtight container for an hour or so.
- If you don’t have an ice cream maker, stir the crushed cookies and nuts, if using, into the warm ice cream mixture. Then, pour it into a loaf pan and transfer it to the freezer.
- Stir it every 20 minutes for the first hour to prevent iciness. Once it’s frozen to your liking serve up!
This ice cream will last for up to three months in an airtight container in the freezer. 🙂
You won't use all the cookies from the Soft & Chewy Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe for the ice cream, so you get leftovers! 😉 Be sure to let the cookies fully cool before crushing them for the ice cream.