This ice cream is full of the vanilla bean flavor you love, while mimicking the smooth, milky consistency of traditional vanilla bean ice cream—without the milk, heavy cream, cane sugar, and unwanted fat, that is. Nobody would ever guess this Creamy Vanilla Bean Paleo Ice Cream is sinless! Regardless of your ice cream flavor preference, you’ll love this healthy frozen treat! Believe it or not, these mounds of creamy coldness are dairy-free, refined sugar-free, gluten-free, and clean-eating certified!
Vanilla bean ice cream has never been one of my favorite ice cream flavors—it’s acceptable, but not something I’d ever order if given a choice.
I guess I’m just not a vanilla girl. 😏
However, THIS Creamy Vanilla Bean Paleo Ice Cream completely changed my mind. I never thought I would enjoy this flavor so much—maybe it’s because I know it’s healthy, or is it because it’s scrumptious to the max?! 😋
Like I have mentioned before, I’ve created many sinless ice cream flavors, but I had never attempted vanilla. It’s Michael’s favorite flavor, in addition to rainbow sherbet and his beloved sinless maple pecan ice cream that I made for him, so I was excited to present this ice cream to him!
I had mentioned to my wonderful mother how much I’d been dying to get some fresh vanilla beans, but didn’t want to spend the money for those amazing (expensive) delicacies. I do this a lot—even though I know I’ll eventually end up buying an ingredient or product. It’s just what I do. I’m a bit frugal. 🤑
Anyways, she ended up going to a locally owned health food store and buying me, like, 20 vanilla beans! 😮My face lit up with delight! 😍😍
I knew the first thing I was going to use them for was some sinless homemade Creamy Vanilla Bean Paleo Ice Cream.
Additionally, I had a whole plan for this Creamy Vanilla Bean Paleo Ice Cream—it would pair more than perfectly with my Paleo Lava Cakes for Two! Not only was this recipe anticipated for a Valentine’s Day-inspired sinless dessert, but also for my mom’s birthday, which falls on February 11th. 💗 I’ll be sharing the story of how all that went down in a few days for the release of those lava cakes! 😉
Nevertheless, this Creamy Vanilla Bean Paleo Ice Cream is insanely delicious!🤤 Like I said, I don’t even care for vanilla ice cream, but this has turned on my craving switch. Michael said it tastes similar to McDonald’s and Häagen-Dazs, which are his two favorites—but better!! YES! 😎 Oddly, it has a hint of ice cream cone flavor.
I know that sounds weird, but it almost tastes like you took a bite out of the ice cream with the cone, but there’s no cone. How did I do this? NO idea. 🤷 But it’s spectacular. 🙌
This Creamy Vanilla Bean Paleo Ice Cream is so smooth, perfectly sweet, and so flavorful! There’s something about those little specks that make this ice cream so much more eatable.
Not only is this Creamy Vanilla Bean Paleo Ice Cream delicious on it’s own, but it’s also the starting ground for many incredible recipe opportunities.
Want some ice cream sandwich cookies? Ice cream bars with a chocolate hard shell (one of my faves!!!)? Ice cream sandwiches? How about putting it on top of brownies, pancakes/waffles, cakes, pies, and just about anything else your heart desires, especially anything with chocolate! 😍
Who has dipped French fries in ice cream? Sounds totally bizarre, but the saltiness and warmth taste so good with the cold ice cream!
Now I’m just getting hungry—and feeling a lot of ambition to make something else out of this Creamy Vanilla Bean Paleo Ice Cream!
Don’t worry; I’ll be creating all these recipes for you (obviously not the fries one 😂)! I wouldn’t put that amount of pressure on you.
This Cream Vanilla Bean Paleo Ice Cream is simple enough for a anyone to make! It’s best right out of your ice cream maker, but it’s deliciousness will last for up to 3 months in the freezer!
You and anybody else you share with will totally scream for this sinless Creamy Vanilla Bean Paleo Ice Cream! 😱🍨🍦 Don’t forget to take a picture and tag me! #sabrinassinlesssecrets #TripleS #becausesinlessisdelicious ❤️
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (can sub another non-dairy milk of choice)
- ⅓ - ½ cup pure maple syrup or raw honey
- 4 large egg yolks
- 3-4 vanilla bean pods (I used 4)
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch (helps with the creaminess; you can sub arrowroot starch or cornstarch)
- 1 tablespoon gelatin(optional, but recommended for the creaminess) (*be sure to use the kind that gels! I provided a link to the brand I use if you click on "gelatin.")
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, add the coconut milk and almond milk and whisk together. Do NOT let boil. If it gets too hot then it will turn the egg yolks into scrambled eggs. We don't want that lol.
- In a medium bowl, add the egg yolks, maple syrup/honey, salt, vanilla, gelatin, and tapioca starch; whisk together.
- Next, take about 1 cup of the warm coconut/almond milk mixture and slowly pour it into the bowl with the eggs, whisking. This pasteurizes the eggs, cooking them without the scrambling!
- Thereafter, transport the egg mixture to the saucepan and whisk everything to combine. Allow to cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, being careful that it doesn’t boil.
- After that, place a strainer over a heat-safe bowl and pour the saucepan concoction into the bowl, over the strainer. Discard any remnants from the strainer.
- Place the bowl into the fridge to fully cool (about 2-3 hours). Don’t let it get too cold or else it will turn into a custard-like consistency (because of the gelatin). If that happens, leave it on the counter until it warms up a bit. Alternatively you can put it in the microwave for 10-15 second intervals until it's still cool, yet smooth.
- Lastly, pour the vanilla bean mixture into your pre-chilled (at least 24 hours) ice cream maker and churn for about 20 minutes. SAVOR your sinless Creamy Vanilla Bean Paleo Ice Cream!! 🙂
*Cook time includes churning
*This ice cream will last for up to 3 months in an airtight container in the freezer!