Crisp on the outside and fluffy on the inside defines these Seasoned Oven Baked Crispy French Fries. The light seasoning spruces up these traditional French fries, making them even more delectable with each crunchy bite! These fries use under two tablespoons of oil and are completely sinless! Who would’ve known oven baked Paleo French fries would be so much tastier than the ones drenched in deep frying oil?
These Seasoned Oven Baked Crispy French Fries are one of those super easy recipes that I make all the time, but I just haven’t gotten around to post! They’re also one of Michael’s obsessions. Yes, obsession is a proper word, as he NEEDS these fries every week, and with such simplicity it’s totally doable. 😉
He loves these fries so much that they weaned him off store-bought ketchup (this was before I made my own ketchup recipe)! 😱 I don’t think you understand how big of a deal this is. Michael was known as the ketchup man. 😂 He ate ketchup with practically everything. However, these Seasoned Oven Baked Crispy French Fries taste so good to him that he ditched it! Yay, Miguel!! 😄👏🏼
I think French fries are one of everybody’s food loves. There’s something about them that drives you to come back for more! They pair wonderfully with just about anything, especially with summer approaching. I always make them when I prepare my Paleo Slow-Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches, burgers, wraps, and sandwiches. 😋
Now that I think of it, I’ve been making these Seasoned Oven Baked Crispy French Fries for a while, but I never wrote a recipe for them—I just kind of winged it every time. One day I finally decided to get out the trusty measuring spoons and this is what I came up with! 😏
Before you ask, yes, this is my Quick and Easy Paleo Ketchup. Yum! I highly recommend you marry it with these Seasoned Oven Baked Crispy French Fries! 🍟🍅😊👍🏼 Michael and my mom are totally head over heels for it and express how they like it so much more than the store-bought brands! 💗
So, I’ll share one of the many stories with you about these praised French fries. One time when my brother and I were visiting our parents, he was heating up some of these Seasoned Oven Baked Crispy French to go along with his last meal of the night (the 11 pm/12am “second dinner?” 😆).
My dad loves potatoes, so he thought it would be okay to snag a fry from Michael’s plate.
Oh wow, was he wrong. 😬
Michael’s eyes practically exploded. 😂 I’ve never seen him react that way with my dad before! Keep in mind, my dad is quite the drill sergeant. 😟
“Dad! Those are my fries!” Michael’s face was stone cold serious! He got so upset.
My dad did too! He didn’t understand why Michael wouldn’t give him one fry out of the whole container, but, like I said, these Seasoned Oven Baked Crispy French Fries are one of his obsessions. Nobody is allowed to touch his fries. 🙅🏻🍟
Michael ended up giving him a few fries and apologizing—but he was NOT happy about it. 😤
I don’t blame him. These Seasoned Oven Baked Crispy French Fries are crunchy golden treasure sticks with fluffy potato insides! 😍 The seasoning adds a favorable taste and complements the already crispy exterior. They’re addictive, to say the least.
However, I feel an obligation to make a batch for my dad now! 😅 On the other hand, he is known as the potato king when it comes to making different healthy variations of potatoes, so it’s not like he’s missing out too much. 💁🏻
Furthermore, most of the time when you think, “baked French fries,” an image of a soggy, sorry attempt of a French fry pops in your mind. 😞 However, there’s no floppy fries going on with this recipe. These stick up long and strong. Shouldn’t all fries? 😜
Making them is so simple; you’ll wonder why you haven’t been doing it your whole life. 🙌
Start by washing three large russet potatoes and cutting them lengthwise. Then, cut those halves in half.
Thereafter, cut them into fries and place them in a large bowl full of cold water and let them soak for 30 minutes to 1 hour. This process helps to remove excess starch, thus enabling them to crisp up instead of holding onto any excess water and becoming a floppy, but still delicious, mess. 😄 Next, drain and rinse them in a colander.
Using a towel or paper towels soak up all the water. The drier they are the crispier they will be! 😍
Place them in a bowl and add the oil and spices and toss until they are coated evenly.
Align them on lined baking sheets, making sure none of them touch for even baking.
Cook on 425°F for 15 minutes and then turn the fries and cook for an additional 15 minutes (depending on the size of your fries you might need more or less time; feel free to take out the smaller ones and let the larger ones cook longer if needed 😊). You’ll know they’re done when they turn golden and the ends start to darken.
Once they’re done, go ahead and dig in! 😋
I hope you guys love these Seasoned Oven Baked Crispy French Fries! Hopefully you don’t get such an infatuation with them like Michael, snapping at everyone like a hungry dog in front of a food bowl. 😂 If you try these out, don’t forget to take a picture and tag me so I can see it! 😘 ❤️#sabrinassinlesssecrets @sabrinassinlesssecrets #TripleS #becausesinlessisdelicious #sinlesssunday
- 3 large russet potatoes, washed (feel free to peel them if you prefer)
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- ½ teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon salt (you can add more after they cook; if you add too much salt to unbaked fries it can make them soggy)
- ¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ⅛ teaspoon basil
- Water for soaking the fries
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line one or two baking sheets with foil.
- Start by washing the russet potatoes and cutting the ends and any imperfections off.
- Afterwards, cut them lengthwise. Then, cut those halves in half. Continue this process until you have fry shapes!
- Transfer the raw fries in a large bowl full of cold water and let them soak for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Thereafter, drain and rinse them in a colander.
- Using a towel or paper towels soak up all the water. The drier they are the crispier they will be!
- Place them in a bowl and add the oil and spices and toss until they are coated evenly (you can also do this on the baking sheet, but it might just get a little messy)
- Align them on a lined baking sheet(s), making sure none of them touch for even baking and cook for 15 minutes and then turn the fries and cook for an additional 15 minutes (depending on the size of your fries you might need more or less time; feel free to remove the smaller ones and allow the bigger ones to cook longer if needed). You’ll know they’re done when they turn golden and darken on the ends.
These Seasoned Oven Baked Crispy French Fries will last for 4-5 days in the refrigerator or about six months in the freezer!
To reheat them, set the oven to 450°F and reheat them on a baking sheet for about 5-8 minutes or place them in the microwave for a minute or so. 🙂