This breakfast tastes like a treat, erasing the “healthy breakfast” stigma of steel-cut oats—yes, even for the picky eaters! This creamy oatmeal tastes like a banana cinnamon bun! Nutritious, energy-packed, and delicious? It almost sounds too good to be true! This steel-cut oatmeal is gluten-free, vegan, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, and clean-eating!
I can’t figure out why I haven’t posted this recipe. Out of anything, I cook this Cinnamon Ginger Banana Gluten-Free Steel-Cut Oatmeal the most! It’s my everyday breakfast 😋 … except when I’m feeling a little spicy (not literally 😆💃🏻) and I want some pancakes or waffles.
Nonetheless, I feel just as privileged having this Cinnamon Ginger Banana Gluten-Free Steel-Cut Oatmeal. It tastes like a dessert! Well, a breakfast dessert—it’s not too sweet, just enough for breakfast time. 😊
I swear, whenever I’m making this oatmeal or heating it up a serving in the morning, anyone that is up always asks, with that look of interest upon their face, “What are you making?” Following with, “It smells like a cinnamon roll—or a bakery or something!”
You know how they say food usually tastes just like it smells? Oh yeah … this Cinnamon Ginger Banana Gluten-Free Steel-Cut Oatmeal is NO exception! 😎
It’s so yummy that I have yet to get sick of it. My anticipation for my morning Cinnamon Ginger Banana Gluten-Free Steel-Cut Oatmeal is still going strong! 💪🏼
Nevertheless, the consistency of this Cinnamon Ginger Banana Gluten-Free Steel-Cut Oatmeal is nice and creamy. I don’t prefer my oatmeal runny. 🙅🏻 However, if you desire a runnier texture, a tablespoon of almond milk (or another non-diary milk of choice) should do the trick! 👍🏼
Besides the taste, which I hope I’ve boasted about enough to get you on the steel-cut oatmeal bandwagon, there are some other things I love about this breakfast recipe, like how it’s:
- EASY to prepare
- Creamy—not runny!
- Refined sugar-free
- Unbelievably healthy
- Great for incorporating supplements, like gelatin, which I LOVE!
Most of us know how good bananas are for you, as they contain potassium, fiber, antioxidants, vitamins, healthy carbs, and so much more. 🍌 I think we also have an understanding of steel-cut oats’ high-protein, healthy carbs, beneficial vitamins and minerals, and fiber. However, did you know how powerful cinnamon and ginger are? 💁🏻 (I honestly didn’t even know how many perks there were until this post. 😂)
Cinnamon (especially Ceylon cinnamon):
- Is full of antioxidants
- Controls blood sugar levels
- Is anti-inflammatory
- Protects heart health and fights against diabetes
- Supports a healthy brain, warding off diseases, like Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s
- May lower the risk of cancer
- Fights infections and viruses (ex: colds, flus, cavities, bad breath, skin irritations, and fungus)
- Has anti-blood-clotting abilities, warding off strokes and heart attacks
- Helps with nausea and indigestion (great for those with sensitive stomachs in the morning!)
- Promotes a strong immune system
- Aids in respiratory function
- Cleanses the lymphatic system
- Helps and/or heals bacterial and fungal infections
- Can heal stomach ulcers
- Helps with pain—even menstrual cramps!
- Lowers cholesterol and diabetes
- Helps heal cancer
Can you believe all of that is in this Cinnamon Ginger Banana Gluten-Free Steel-Cut Oatmeal? 😮
Additionally, we can’t forget flax meal (ground flax seed) that’s in this recipe, too! It’s filled with lots of the same benefits as above, but you can read about it HERE. I take it mainly for the omega-3 fatty acids, anti-cancer capabilities, high antioxidants, and healthy digestive properties, but it has so many other benefits as well.
Moreover, this Cinnamon Ginger Banana Gluten-Free Steel-Cut Oatmeal is a wonderful start to your morning, and it’s a excellent way to get some nutrition in for your kids, especially with school getting back in.
Sorry to say the dreaded word, “school.” 😬 I HATED when my mom would say, “Sweetie, you need to start going to bed earlier. School is starting soon.” 😑
Please, moms, have some empathy when your kids’ summer vacation is ending—it’s a very difficult time for them. We’ve all been there. 😂
Might as well just fix them (and yourself 😉) a bowl of this creamy delicious and nutritiousness—it’ll solve everything!
Nonetheless, now that you’ve learned how healthy this Cinnamon Ginger Banana Gluten-Free Steel-Cut Oatmeal is, you really won’t be able to stop after just one bite. Try to contain yourself as the warmth of the banana and cinnamon/ginger infused flavors blanket your tongue with bliss!
If you make this recipe don’t forget to take a picture and share it on social media, hashtagging #sabrinassinlesssecerts and tagging @sabrinassinlesssecrets so I can see! 😘❤️ #becausesinlessisdelicious #TripleS #sinlesssunday
- 1 cup steel cut oats, gluten-free certified, if needed
- 2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk, or another non-diary milk of choice
- 4 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- ¼ cup flax meal
- 1 ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch of salt, optional
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract, optional
- 2 tablespoons – ¼ cup pure maple syrup (can sub raw honey, but won’t be vegan), optional for sweeter oatmeal (I don’t add any sweetener to mine).
- In a large saucepan, add the almond milk and bring to a boil.
- Then, add the vanilla extract and maple syrup (if using) and sprinkle the cinnamon, ginger, salt (if using) over the top and stir in.
- Thereafter, add the oats and stir to combine.
- Turn the heat to low and allow it to cook for about 30-35 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the oats are creamy and to your desired consistency.
- In the last five minutes of cooking, stir in the flax meal and mashed banana.
- Serve with fresh banana slices, berries, nuts, chia seeds, a drizzle of maple syrup or almond milk or whatever your heart desires! Like I said above, I love to add my daily supplement of gelatin to my oatmeal (FYI gelatin isn't vegan). Enjoy! 🙂
Reheat leftovers in a saucepan over medium heat or in the microwave.