These Classic Paleo Waffles are light and crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. They’re everything you could dream of in a waffle! You won’t be able to tell they’re gluten-free, Paleo, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, or clean-eating based on the texture and delectable taste! Look no further—The Best Classic Paleo Waffles are here!
First and foremost, HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY to all of the incredible mom’s (including mine ❤🤗)!! 💐 I hope your day is filled with at least a fraction of all the love you give your children and loved ones (no one could really understand how much you amazing women do 🌟🤩🏆). Today is a day dedicated to you to get some (extra) pampering and appreciation, to say the least! 😘
Nevertheless, one of the best ways to treat your mom is by making her a meal—like The Best Classic Paleo Waffles for breakfast for instance. 😋 Not only are they, honestly, like, one of the most delicious things you will ever taste, but they’re also healthy! 🤭 A healthy breakfast for mom that’s also yummy and something you can enjoy too … oh yeah! 😏
If you’ve tried my The Best Paleo Pumpkin Waffles recipe, you’ll find that it’s very similar to this Classic Paleo Waffle recipe, only it’s packed with pumpkin and pumpkin spice flavors—so good! Regardless of which one you try, they’re sure to both be light and crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside.
However, this Classic Paleo Waffle recipe uses fewer ingredients and gives you more creativity when dealing with toppings, because not everything goes well with pumpkin spice. 😒
That being said, you can have these Classic Paleo Waffles anyway you like it—topped with berries, banana slices, nut butter, grass-fed butter, nuts, my Creamy Vanilla Bean Paleo Ice Cream 😍, whipped cream and/or drizzled with maple syrup, honey, or dark chocolate. 🤤 They, of course, taste good all on their own, but it’s never a bad thing to try something new and tasty! 😉
The texture of these Classic Paleo Waffles is almost (you’re on Triple S, so you know what to expect 😜) unbelievable, as they mimic traditional waffles made with all-purpose flour! Light, airy, and crispy mingle on the golden exterior to form an irrefutable bite of delightfulness. 😋 Then, a blanket of fluffiness comes into the mix as the center says hello. 👋 Thereafter, your day brightens as you’re cast into a state of reverie. ☀🙌 There’s no doubt your taste buds will feel like they’ve been granted the ultimate breakfast (or anytime) gift. Do you see why I said this would be a great present for your mom? 😊
My personal must-haves are grass-fed butter, berries, banana slices, and some serious pure maple syrup! You know when you just begin pouring maple syrup over a plate-full of waffles and the grooves start to fill?
Your eyes bulge a little more as small pools of maple syrup overflow from each tiny square pocket to the next until … a maple syrup flood has occurred! 😮 🤤
No problems here! I feel like every bite should be covered in maple syrup. I’m all about that. 😈 And I love the taste of melted butter (love Kerrygold Grass-fed butter!) and the fresh fruit too. You can’t go wrong with that combo. 👌
I hope I’m making you hungry this morning. 😆
Let’s talk more about how amazing these yummy golden waffles are. Can you believe they’re:
- Refined sugar-free
- Contain only TWO tablespoons of coconut oil
- Easy to make
- Kid/picky eater-approved (and mom-approved)
- Secretly healthy, while still being INSANELY delicious!
Woah, now I’m craving The Best Classic Paleo Waffles—luckily I have some leftover in the freezer. 😏 Yep, you guessed it, they freeze great, which means you can make a batch, freeze them, and have them even on busy mornings! I think your kids would really love that. Best mom ever award goes to YOU! 🤩
Before I get you excited about these freezer-friendly waffles, let’s make them first!
Start by adding all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and whisk them together.
Thereafter, add all the wet ingredients, excluding the egg whites (put these in a separate bowl), in a medium bowl and whisk them together.
Next, beat the egg whites until stiff white peaks form. 🏔
Then, pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon or spatula until fully incorporated.
Furthermore, add the whipped egg whites and gently fold them into the batter. This ensures our waffles are extra light and crispy!
Now you’re ready for waffle making!
Pour some batter on your pre-heated waffle iron (each waffle iron is different, so check how much your iron specifies) and close the top.
A green light or some indicator should let you know when it’s ready. Proceed until all the batter is used up!
Serve warm! 😋
Seriously every time I make these waffles anyone that has tried them freaks out! 😱 My parents aren’t ones to eat anything sweet in the morning, but they even devour these and love them so much! The best part about these Classic Paleo Waffles is they leave you satisfied and full without giving you an upset stomach or that gross-I just ate way too much bad stuff feeling. 👍👍
Nevertheless, I hope each and every one of you moms has a day as special as you are! I’m telling you … The Best Classic Paleo Waffles are crying out to you! Let them spoil you this Mother’s Day or any other time of the year. If you make these waffles, don’t forget to take a picture and share it with me on social media tagging @sabrinassinlesssecrets and hashtagging #sabrinassinlesssecrets (#becausesinlessisdelicious, #TripleS, #sinlesssunday) so I don’t miss it! See you next time.
Mom, thanks for being the most amazing mother I could EVER ask for! 🤗 You’re a super mom (AKA Kim Possible 🤣)—always there when I need you, going above and beyond to make sure I’m happy, and always bringing light into my life. 😊 I love you SO much and am so glad and fortunate to be your daughter. ❤ Thank you times infinity for being 🌟you🌟—I have enormous shoes to fill. 😌 So glad I get to spend the weekend with you. 😍 Happy Mother’s Day to the best mom ever! 😘💖 ❤ 😘 💖❤😘
- 1 ¼ cup blanched almond flour (140g)
- ¾ cup tapioca flour/starch (90g)
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour (mine is 16g, but check the label because brands can vary)
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder, aluminum and corn-free
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon, preferably Ceylon cinnamon (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon unsweetened vanilla almond milk (can sub another dairy-free milk of choice)
- 2 large, organic eggs, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons organic unrefined, extra virgin coconut oil, melted and cooled (28g)
- 1-2 tablespoons pure maple syrup (can sub raw honey)
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon organic apple cider vinegar (can sub freshly squeezed lemon juice)
- Start by spraying your waffle iron with non-stick spray or coating it with oil if needed. Then, preheat it.
- Next, add all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and whisk them together.
- Thereafter, add all the wet ingredients, excluding the egg whites (put these in a separate medium bowl), in a medium bowl and whisk them together.
- Next, beat the egg whites with a hand mixer until stiff white peaks form and set aside.
- Then, pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon or spatula until fully incorporated.
- Furthermore, add the whipped egg whites to the batter and gently fold, not stir, them in. This ensures our waffles are extra light and crispy!
- Pour some batter on your pre-heated waffle iron (each waffle iron is different, so check how much your iron specifies) and close the top.
- A green light or some indicator should let you know when it’s ready. Proceed until all the batter is used up!
- Serve warm and enjoy! 🙂
To reheat, bake in the oven on 350°F for about 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
If you plan on making a lot of waffles, I recommend:
Set a cooling rack on a baking sheet and turn the oven to 200°F.
Once the waffles are done, set them on the cooling rack and keep them in the oven to prevent them from cooling of becoming not so crispy while the other ones are cooking. 😉