Graham crackers are a common staple in many homes, and these Paleo and Vegan Graham Crackers are awaiting your love! They’re perfectly crisp, yet subtly soft and lightly sweetened with maple syrup. They make an excellent snack, especially for your kids’ lunchboxes. You can feel good about eating these yummy squares anytime of the day, because they’re Paleo, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, grain-free, and clean-eating!
I love when treats like these Paleo and Vegan Graham Crackers call for an easy recipe! It makes you more inclined to make them … again … and again! 😋 Plus, when they’re as versatile as these little golden squares of yum, you can never go wrong! 😍
As for the flavor, they’re lightly sweetened and totally rewarding! They’re sturdy, so they won’t break apart in your hand as you bite into their crunchy, yet soft golden exterior.
I made these Paleo and Vegan Graham Crackers last summer for one of my favorite desserts of all time! Paleo S’mores! Totally to die for. 🙌🏼There I was, eating clean for over two years, thinking, “I’ll never be able to eat a s’more ever again…,” as I passed ads in the grocery store isles of families enjoying a mouthful of ooey gooey marshmallowy, melted chocolatey, graham cracker enclosed deliciousness. 😩
I just had to sigh and force my attention elsewhere—no matter how tasty those sinful treats used to be to me, none of them could make me break my sinless dedication. 😎 Like I’ve mentioned, once you go sinless, the sinful just isn’t satisfying anymore. We’re talking about food here. 😜
Nevertheless, once I found out I could make my Easy Paleo Marshmallows—don’t even get me started on how delectable those fluffy white cubes are—I was on a mission to create Paleo graham crackers! They were much less intimidating to make than homemade marshmallows. I mean, who does that?! 💁🏻 The soon to be answer, YOU! 🙋🏻
Anyways, you get a good amount of Paleo and Vegan Graham Crackers for all of your easy work. 😉
It’s as simple as combining all of the ingredients in a food processor or high-speed blender and blending until you get a nice dough ball.
Then, you take the dough and roll it out into a thin 1/8 inch (can do ¼-1/2 inch for thicker graham crackers) rectangular layer between two pieces of parchment paper, or you can place it on a silicone baking mat and rest a piece of parchment paper over the top and roll it out, if you prefer.
Using your trusty ruler (I still have my ruler from 3rd grade that my mom bought me—it even still has my name on it in permanent maker that my mom wrote on, literally, all of my school supplies! 😂 Such a wonderful mom. 😇✨💖✨), cut 2 1/2” x 2 1/2” squares until you use up all the dough.
After 9-12 minutes of baking, you’ll have about sixteen homemade Paleo and Vegan Graham Crackers!! 💃🏻
Besides eating them all on their own, because let’s face it, they don’t need anything to make them beautiful and tasty—they’re independent 😌—you can use them to make graham cracker crusts; smear them with a nut butter of choice (hello, peanut butter and jelly Paleo and Vegan Graham Cracker sandwich!); you can even dip them in your morning coffee. Run wild with your imagination! 🙌🏼🏃🏽
My mom used to make Michael and I one of the most AMAZING creations on this Earth. It was something so simple, but boy did we go crazy over them! She used to make vanilla frosting graham cracker sandwiches. The graham crackers would get all soft the next day, mimicking an ice cream sandwich without the coldness! At this point, I will just call them sugar sandwiches. 😆 Needless to say, we loved them. 😍
I’m definitely going to be recreating those—sinless, of course! 😘
If you make these, please don’t forget to take a picture and share it with me on social media, tagging @sabrinassinlesssecrets, hashtagging #sabrinassinlesssecrets. 😘 Also, don’t forget to MAKE THESE EASY PALEO MARSHMALLOWS for some s’mores before the summer ends (even though s’mores are just as satisfying every other day of the year, too! 😋), and use a nice piece of a Lily’s 70% dark chocolate bar to keep it vegan and extra healthy and yummy! ❤️ #becausesinlessisdelicous #TripleS #sinlesssunday
- 1 ½ cupsblanched almond flour (168g)
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour (about 17g, but check the label on your brand as they can range)
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch (about 7.5g) (can sub arrowroot starch)
- 1 flax egg (Wisk 1 tablespoon flax meal with 3 tablespoons of water in a cup and it let sit for about 15 minutes, whisking occasionally, until it resembles an egg) (If you aren’t vegan, you can sub a large, organic egg at room temperature)
- 2-3 tablespoons monk fruit sweeteneror another unrefined granulated sweetener of choice (optional for sweeter graham crackers; I use 2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup (can sub raw honey if you aren’t vegan)
- 2 tablespoons unrefined, organic extra virgin coconut oil, room temperature
- ½ tablespoonblackstrap molasses (optional)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, add all of the ingredients and blend until a dough ball forms. It will be slightly sticky.
- Transfer the dough on top of a piece of parchment paper or on a silicone baking mat and place another piece over the top. Roll the dough out into a ⅛” thick rectangular layer (you can make them ¼” thick also, which is pictured in my Paleo S’mores recipe, but you may need to cook them for 1-2 minutes longer)
- Using a ruler, cut the dough into 2 ½” x 2 ½” squares using a pizza cutter or sharp knife.
- Transfer the squares to the lined cookie sheet(s) and poke the surfaces with a fork, making sure not to penetrate all the way through, and run your knife/pizza cut down the middles.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes, or until golden, and transfer them to a cooling rack. They will be soft when they’re done baking, but they will harden after cooling for a bit.
These will get a little softer the day after baking, but will still be sturdy and just as delicious! 🙂