These Paleo and Vegan Chewy Lemon Coconut Cookies are so fitting for spring and summer! The flavors of lemon and coconut form together to make a chewy bite of goodness! These cookies are gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, refined sugar-free, grain-free, clean-eating, and so easy to make!
Different seasons call for different flavors and lemon is one that has spring and summer written all over it! 📝🍋 It’s fresh, bright, and perfect for warm weather. 🤗 ☀ These Paleo and Vegan Chewy Lemon Coconut Cookies are just what you need to satisfy your sweet tooth or snack cravings—we all get those afternoon/late-night yearnings. 😋
I was thirsting for something with lemon a few weeks ago and although I could’ve totally made my Paleo Lemon Bars with a Shortbread Crust, Lemon Blueberry Paleo Pound Cake with Lemon Icing, or my No-Bake Paleo Lemon Blueberry Cream Pie, 😍 I decided to go with something new.
I’m all about making new recipes—so much so that I will rarely ever want to make something frequently. What can I say, I like to mix it up, which means even more recipes for you guys! 😘
Needless to say, my spontaneous side came out and I thought to make lemon coconut cookies! 🍋 🥥 🍪 I had a goal of making them totally egg-less and without the need for an egg substitute also. I wrote up this recipe fairly quickly and, to my surprise, it really did come out totally great without any eggs or egg substitutes! 👏 Did I forget to mention totally tasty as well? 😋
These Paleo and Vegan Chewy Lemon Coconut Cookies are sure to please just about anyone! Even your picky kids will enjoy these. I have found that even non-coconut lovers enjoy these Paleo and Vegan Chewy Lemon Coconut Cookies.
In addition, they hold up great in warm/hot weather so you can take them on the go, pack them for lunches, and/or bring them to parties! ☺ Finding recipes that will conquer the outdoor Arizona heat is pretty muchnear impossible, so I love these cookies! 😜
Each chewy bite is packed with yummy lemon and coconut. 😋 The sweetness is enough to treat these like a dessert, making you feel extra sinful about having a cookie for a sinless snack. 😈 But no need to feel any guilt because these Paleo and Vegan Chewy Lemon Coconut Cookies are:
- Refined sugar-free
- Kid-approved/picky eater-approved
- So delicious
- Easy to make
- Completely guilt-free!
Crazy, right? 🤪 You’d never guess these cookies have all that going on. 😏 All’s you’re going to notice is their sweet and chewy lemony, coconut goodness … and how much everyone else is enjoying them along with you. 😘
So if you’re struggling to find a healthy snack during the week that you and your kids can enjoy, or a dessert that’s a people-pleaser, these Paleo and Vegan Chewy Lemon Coconut Cookies will be one of your go-tos! 🤤👍
Let the chewy lemon-coconut magic begin! 💃🏻✨
Start by adding all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and whisk them together.
Then, add all the wet ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk them together.
Thereafter, pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until everything is combined.
Roll the dough into balls and set on cookie sheets (the dough will be sticky), lined with parchment paper or silicone baking mats, 2 inches apart. Then, flatten and shape the dough into cookies, as these will not spread on their own.
Bake the cookies on 350°F for 10-12 minutes, until the sides and bottoms have turned golden.
Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack to let them cool for a bit and then enjoy! 🤗
Straight out of the oven these cookies have more of a harder/crunchier exterior, but once they cool and set they are very chewy! 🤩
I hope you get a chance to try these Paleo and Vegan Chewy Lemon Coconut Cookies! 😊 If you do, don’t forget to take a picture 📸, tagging @sabrinassinlesssecrets and hashtagging #sabrinassinlesssecrets (#becausesinlessisdelicious, #TripleS, #sinlesssunday) so I don’t miss it! 😘 See you next time! ❤
- 2 cups blanched almond flour (224g)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes (120g)
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour/starch (15g)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ginger (optional, but recommended)
- ½ cup pure maple syrup (can sub raw honey, but they won’t be vegan)
- ¼ cup smooth almond butter, no salt added (64g) (can sub another neutral nut butter of choice) (Trader Joe's is my favorite brand and it's much cheaper in stores than online :))
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest (taken from about 1 large lemon)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats and preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Then, start by adding all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and whisk them together.
- Next, add all the wet ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk them together.
- Thereafter, pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until everything is combined.
- Roll the dough into balls and arrange them 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheets.
- Then, flatten and shape the dough into cookies, as these will not spread on their own.
- Bake the cookies on for 10-12 minutes, until the sides and bottoms have turned golden.
- Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack to let them cool for a bit and then enjoy!
I recommend storing these cookies at room temperature in an airtight container or plastic bag for up to 4-5 days.
If you place them in the fridge, they will get a bit harder, but will still be delicious!
These also freeze great for up to 3 months in an airtight container or freezer bag!