Smooth, creamy, and sweet this Paleo Almond Joy Ice Cream is just as irresistible as the candy bar! The flecks of coconut flakes and chunks of dark chocolate and chopped almonds are sure to make every bite that much more enjoyable! Believe it or not … this ice cream is Paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free, refined sugar-free, and clean-eating! Did I forget to mention it’s the perfect treat for summer?
This Paleo Almond Joy Ice Cream takes first place for the first ice cream post of the year! 🎉🍦 Let’s not get it twisted though, because it’s not the first ice cream recipe on Triple S. There are others, like my Chocolate Chip Cookie Crunch Paleo Ice Cream, Creamy Vanilla Bean Paleo Ice Cream, Paleo Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream (my personal fave 😍). Regardless of which flavor, they’re all unquestionably delicious! 🤤
I hate to tell you this, but I also have many others that aren’t on here yet. 😬 I’m sorry! I planned on posting this one last year (even these pictures were taken in 2017), but time didn’t permit it. 🤷♀️
I promise I will get some more on here this summer though. 😘
Ice cream is kinda one of my things. When I first started making my own healthy recipes, ice cream was one of the first things I wanted to tackle. That’s probably because it’s one of my favorite things ever and I bet a few of you could probably say the same thing. Am I right? 😏
Ice cream is just special. It’s acceptable and always palatable anytime of the year, and it also makes you feel better. 😇 Why is that? It’s like a reward or some sort of cure all. 🙌
That’s what I relate this Paleo Almond Joy Ice Cream to—a cure all treat that is so yummy, yet completely sinless! 😋
I mean there’s just no way this creamy, sweet, and flavorful Paleo Almond Joy Ice Cream is:
- Refined sugar-free
- Easy to make
- Perfect for any occasion, any time of year, and any time of day! 😍
- Let’s not forget to mention that it will magically make you (and those who eat it) happier, optimistic, and at ease 😌
Sound like a plan? 🙋♀️
I think so!
I think we should spoon dive right into a hefty helping of not one but TWO (or more … no judgments here 😂) scoops of this Paleo Almond Joy Ice Cream. 🤩
Additionally, who can agree that ice cream gets better when there are add-ins or toppings, like nuts, dark chocolate, and coconut flakes, sprinkles, caramel sauce (my Paleo and Vegan Salted Caramel Sauce works here too 😉), or chocolate hard shell?? 🤭
I’m all over that! There’s something especially fun about watching a smooth, liquidy stream of dark chocolate run down a mountain of ice cream and then all of the sudden harden into a cool, dark chocolate crunchy shell.
Maybe you’ll get my Paleo dark chocolate hard shell recipe soon. 🤔
Let me just say that this Paleo Almond Joy Ice Cream won over my brother who was NEVER a dark chocolate or coconut fan (this was last year—currently he’s all about that 😂)! We totally did a coconut bowl full of Paleo Almond Joy Ice Cream topped with a Paleo Dark Chocolate Hard Shell cheers after this photoshoot. 🤪 I was beyond happy that he loved it! Now, I’m hoping you’ll love it too! 🤗
If you try this Paleo Almond Joy Ice Cream don’t forget to take a picture 📸 and share it with me on social media tagging @sabrinassinlesssecrets and hashtagging #sabrinassinlesssecrets (#TripleS, #becausesinlessisdelicious, #sinlesssunday) so I don’t miss it! 😘 See you next Sinless Sunday for Father’s Day! ❤️
- 2 cans full-fat canned coconut milk
- 4 large, organic egg yolks (can exclude for vegan option—the eggs help to make the ice cream extra creamy and not ice when frozen)
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour/starch (can sub with arrowroot starch) (this is optional and helps make the ice cream extra creamy and not ice when frozen)
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed gelatin (Optional - this helps make the ice cream extra creamy and not ice when frozen; this is not considered vegan so omit if making the ice cream vegan)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ - ¾ cup chopped almonds (60g-90g)
- ½ cup unsweetened, toasted coconut flakes (60g)
- ½ cup chopped dark chocolate (70% or higher) (Lily’s Dark Chocolate Bars are my favorites!)
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, add the coconut milk and whisk. Do NOT let it boil. If it gets too hot then it will turn the egg yolks into scrambled eggs.
- In a medium bowl, add the egg yolks, maple syrup/honey, salt, vanilla, gelatin, and tapioca starch; whisk together.
- Next, take about 1 cup of the warm coconut milk mixture and slowly pour it into the bowl with the eggs, whisking. This pasteurizes the eggs, cooking them without making them scrambled eggs!
- Thereafter, transport the egg mixture to the saucepan and whisk everything to combine. Allow to cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, being careful that it doesn’t boil.
- After that, place a strainer over a heat-safe bowl and pour the saucepan concoction into the bowl over the strainer.
- Place the bowl in the fridge to fully cool (about 2 hours). Don’t let it get too cold or else it will turn into a custard-like consistency. If that happens, leave it on the counter until it warms up a bit. Alternatively you can put it in the microwave for 10-15 second intervals until still cool, yet smooth.
- Pour the almond joy mixture (without add-ins ) into your pre-chilled (at least 24 hours) ice cream maker and churn for about 20 minutes. Add the add-ins during the last 5 minutes of churning.
- In a small bowl, add the coconut oil and melt in the microwave (you can also do this in a double boiler to reap all the health benefits).
- Thereafter, whisk in the raw cacao powder.
- Then, whisk in the maple syrup, vanilla extract, and sea salt.
- Drizzle/pour over ice cream and enjoy! 🙂
This ice cream will last for up to 3 months in the freezer!