Smooth, creamy dark chocolate ice cream with morsels of chewy Paleo marshmallows and chopped nuts really makes an ice cream of dreams! This Paleo Rocky Road Ice Cream is just like the not-so-good-for-you store-bought kind, yet it’s Paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free (with a vegan option), refined sugar-free, clean-eating, and so delicious! So, get your spoons ready to indulge on one sinless rocky road adventure!
As promised, I’m back with another sinless ice cream recipe! 🤗🍦The increasing temperature is testing us this summer—trying to see if it can turn us into cranky, low-energy homebodies. 😖 Has the heat conquered? 🤔 I’d have to say with highs of 115° here in Arizona, it has. 🤣 However, I do know something that’ll make this combatting streak of boiling summer rays better … hello, Paleo Rocky Road Ice Cream! 😍🤤
Although my sinless magic can’t prevent the heat from melting this Paleo Rocky Road Ice Cream (yet 😏✨), I can validate that it can’t take away the deliciousness!
Needless to say, let’s take a stroll down a rocky road you’ll actually enjoy … Paleo Rocky Road Ice Cream road to be exact. 😌
I’m sorry, but this ice cream flavor has too easy of a name to use in multiple contexts. 😆
It’s pretty commonplace to see ice cream in the form of a best friend whenever someone is feeling down, so I just feel like this Paleo Rocky Road Ice Cream enlightens the expression of “going down a rocky road.” Instead, let’s go up the rocky road on one heck of delicious ride of happiness. ☝️⛰😁
That’s exactly what this Paleo Rocky Road Ice Cream is—a bowl, cup, cone (I need to make sinless ice cream cones! 🤭 The ones dipped in chocolate with sprinkles were always my faves! 😍), however you like it—it’s pure bliss. 😋🙌
I’m usually the type of girl that doesn’t deviate from something once it fully suits me; for instance, if I have one of the best meals of my life at a restaurant, I’m most likely going to return and order the same thing. 🤷♀️ That’s the same with my ice cream. 😉 It’s rare that I’ll turn down my favorite Paleo Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream flavor, but if I do, I’m going for something chocolate, like this Paleo Rocky Road Ice Cream. 👇🍫🍦
Ironically, I don’t have my chocolate flavor one on here, which needs to change stat! 💃 In the meantime, I have a few other options besides the rocky road and mint chocolate chip: Creamy Vanilla Bean Paleo Ice Cream, Chocolate Chip Cookie Crunch Paleo Ice Cream, and Paleo Almond Joy Ice Cream. 🤤
Though, we’re focusing on the Paleo Rocky Road and all its splendor for now. 😘 This ice cream flavor was never one that I had around the house, so I would only have it on rare occasions when vacationing or visiting family when we went out for ice cream. It was like a luxury, I guess. I haven’t had the sinful version in quite some time, but if it’s anything like this Paleo Rocky Road Ice Cream it’s something that’ll instill in your mind forever. 🤯 Pretty dramatic, but you get my drift that it’s pretty damn tasty. 😈😋
This Paleo Rocky Road Ice Cream has a smooth and creamy dark chocolate ice cream base that’s super bomb on its own! 💣😍However, the morsels of homemade chewy Paleo marshmallows paired with crunchy chopped nuts enters this ice cream into a new level of taste bud satisfaction. Every chilly, chocolaty bite gets sweeter and sweeter, warming your heart with comfort. 🤗❤️ My Paleo Marshmallows are a huge component in the heightened tastiness—they’re seriously better than store-bought! No one believes they’re healthy! 🤭
So, as you can tell, it doesn’t matter if you had a rocky day at all; no matter the occasion, no matter the mood, this Paleo Rocky Road Ice Cream is calling out to you—making everyday a Paleo Rocky Road Ice Cream day. 🤩
This is cream is also:
- Dairy-free (with a vegan option!)
- Refined sugar-free
- Easy to make
- Kid-approved/picky eater-approved
- Suitable for any occasion any time of the year
- Appropriate as a dessert or snack (oh yeah 😉😋🥄)
- Made with nourishing ingredients
- Mind, body, heart, and soul healing 🙌
- Made with love—clearly 💁♀️❤️
- Super delicious!
This Paleo Rocky Road Ice Cream also has a no-churn option! However, I do recommend getting an ice cream maker, like this one. They’re pretty inexpensive and trust me when I say you will use it! Plus, you can have all your favorite sinless and delicious ice cream flavors in only 20 minutes 😮, versus having to wait hours or overnight to eat your ice cream. 😭 Plus, the ice cream maker option is hands-free and ensures it doesn’t get icy, while keeping its smooth texture. 👍 Just giving my truthful advice here as always. 😘
Nonetheless, this Paleo Rocky Road Ice Cream is definitely one of my favorite ice cream flavors! And I think it will quickly make your list as well. 😊 What’s not to love about the combination of dark chocolate, marshmallows, and nuts? I couldn’t tell you. 😎
I hope you love this Paleo Rocky Road Ice Cream! If you make it, don’t forget to take a picture 📸 and share it with me on social media, tagging @sabrinassinlesssecrets and hashtagging #sabrinassinlesssecrets (#TripleS, #becausesinlessisdelicious, #sinlesssunday)! I’d love to see it and indulge in a scoop of Paleo Rocky Road Ice Cream virtually with you! 😋🍨🥄Have an amazing week! ❤️ See you next Sinless Sunday! 😘
- 2 cans full-fat canned coconut milk (I prefer Thai’s Kitchen brand)
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup raw cacao powder (20g)
- 1 ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour/starch or arrowroot starch (this helps prevent iciness and enhances creaminess, but you can exclude it if you prefer)
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ - 1 cup chopped Paleo Marshmallows (see notes*) (you can sub vegan marshmallows for this to make the ice cream fully vegan!)
- ½ - ¾ cup almond, walnuts, and/or pecans, chopped (about 56g-84g) (I’ve used all of them and a combo of all—I also like to lightly toast mine*)
- Place all the ingredients, excluding the add-ins, in a large high-speed food processor or high-speed blender and blend until everything is smooth.
- Pour the mixture into your pre-chilled ice cream maker and churn according to your ice cream maker's instructions. Mine takes about 20 minutes and I pour in the add-ins gradually in the last 5 minutes of churning.
- The ice cream will resemble soft serve once done. You can either enjoy it then or put it in a freezer-friendly, airtight container for about 30 minutes – 1 hour to firm it up further. Enjoy! 🙂
- Once you blend the ingredients, you can either pour it in the same freezer-friendly container and set it in the freezer until it hardens (6 hours - overnight), stirring it every 30 minutes for the first 2 hours to make sure it doesn’t get icy. Or you can pour the ice cream mixture into a 9x5" bread pan or an 8x8” dish and follow the same instructions as above. Make sure you cover the pan/dish with plastic wrap or something similar if you’re freezing overnight.
The total time included prepping for the ice cream and churning—it doesn't include the time to make the marshmallows.
This ice cream will last for about 3 months in the freezer!
For other helpings, make sure you allow the ice cream to thaw on the counter for about 15-20 minutes before scooping, as it will be harder than traditional ice cream.