This Paleo Filet Mignon for Two is thick, juicy, tender, and so tasty! You won’t feel like you’re sacrificing anything at all, because you so aren’t. This succulent steak is just what your taste buds are salivating for! It’s gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, easy to prepare, and clean-eating!
Today is my birthday! 🎈🎉🎁🎂🎁🎉🎈 Can’t believe I’m 24! 🤭 Needless to say, I’m looking forward to what this year brings for me … this Paleo Filet Mignon for Two is definitely on my mind. 😋
If you’re planning on celebrating your post-Valentine’s Day this weekend, tonight is the perfect time to prepare this recipe! Not only will it wow just about anyone, but you’ll also get a super tasty reward. 😏
However, this Paleo Filet Mignon for Two isn’t just suitable for Valentine’s Day; it will suit any special occasion or filet mignon craving you have. 🙌🏼 It’s so much more affordable to make your own at home versus going out to eat—I don’t know about you, but I’d rather pay $20 for TWO deluxe filet mignon steaks then around $50 for just one meal. 😉 Plus, it’s always good knowing what’s on your meat and who’s preparing it. Who really knows what goes on in kitchen restaurants? 😬
I have to admit, I’m not much of a steak person, so when I do eat it, I’ll spend the money on the nicer cuts—filet mignon just happens to be my favorite. I don’t think I’m the only one either. 😜
When you see how easy it is to make your own filet mignon, we’ll be locking arms together, skipping our way to the filet mignon store! Wouldn’t that be something? 😆
This Paleo Filet Mignon for Two is so tender and juicy it’s shocking that there isn’t a stick of butter on them! 🤤 The spices and marinade make the steak that much better, while still keeping the original flavor of this top-of-the-line steak.
What makes this steak super delicious is cooking it on cast iron. Not only does the cast iron give it a wonderful flavor, but it also stamps a delightful sear on each side, locking in the juiciness as we finish it off in the oven (hands-off process!).
If you’ve ever wondered how to make filet mignon, I’m here to show you. 😌 Ready to feel like a 5-star chef? 🤩👩🍳👨🍳
First, let your steaks come to room temperature before cooking.
Then, we will seasoning the steaks with our marinade on each side.
Thereafter, cook the steaks on each side for 3-4 minutes on your preheated cast iron skillet.
Next, pop it in a preheated 425°F oven until desired doneness is met.
Let the steaks sit for 10 minutes before serving to ensure the ultimate juiciness bite after bite! 😍
So, what are your plans for Valentine’s Day usually? Do you prefer to go out to eat or do you like to cook? Do you prefer to buy gifts or make your own? 🤔
I’ve found that a lot of people push away Valentine’s Day, but I don’t see a reason. It’s a day devoted to the ones you love most! ❤️ How can that be a “dumb, money-based” holiday? It doesn’t have to be a day when you shower your loved ones with gifts; you can also just do simple things, like make them this Paleo Filet Mignon for Two. 😘
Trust me, I don’t think you’ll get any complaints about that! ☺️
I hope everyone had a nice Valentine’s Day and if you’re planning on celebrating this weekend, I hope it’s amazing! 💝🤗🌹 If you make this recipe, don’t forget to take a picture 📸 and share it with me on social media, tagging @sabrinassinlesssecrets and hashtagging #sabrinassinlesssecrets so I don’t miss it! 😘 See you next #sinlesssunday! ❤️
- 2 filet mignon steaks (at least 1 lb. total)
- 3 tablespoons cooking fat of choice (reserve 1 tablespoon for the skillet)
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos (I like to buy mine from Sprouts because it's cheaper than Amazon)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon rosemary, crushed (can sub thyme)
- ½ teaspoon parsley flakes
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Allow the steaks to become room temperature before cooking (remove from refrigerator about 30 minutes beforehand, or longer depending on the steaks' thickness)
- To make the marinade, add 2 tablespoons melted and cooled cooking oil/butter of choice, coconut aminos, spices, and herbs in a small bowl and whisk together.
- Brush both sides of the steaks with the marinade and let sit for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and also preheat a cast iron skillet on medium-high heat and place one tablespoon of cooking fat of choice in it.
- Once melted, cook the steaks on each side for 3-4 minutes. Do not do anything other than flip—that means no pressing down or poking them! That can cause them to lose their tenderness and juiciness.
- Carefully transfer the pan to the oven (make sure you use oven mitts! The handle will be hot) and cook until desired doneness. For rare 4-5 minutes; medium rare 5-6 minutes; medium 6-8 minutes; medium-well 9-10 minutes; well done 12-14 minutes. Make sure you flip the steaks halfway through the baking time, basting them with the leftover marinade.
- Move the steaks to a plate and cover them with foil and let them sit for 5-10 minutes before consuming so that they are brought to their final temperature and to lock in all that tender juiciness.
- Serve with your favorite sides! Enjoy! 🙂
Rare: 120°F – 125°F
Medium Rare: 130°F – 135°F
Medium: 140°F – 145°F
Medium Well: 150°F – 155°F
Well Done: 160°F – 165°F