This Lemon Lime Herb Paleo Oven Roasted Chicken is the perfect dinner for a special occasion or for a night in. Fresh herbs and lemon and lime juices come together to make a tender, juicy, and deliciously flavorful dish the whole family will enjoy! Plus, it’s Paleo, gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, and clean-eating!
Merry Christmas Eve!! ✨💚🎅🏼🎄🎁❤️✨I hope you’re all enjoying the holiday season! Santa called and he said he wants a home cooked meal. 📞🍗🍴In that sense, I wanted to present you with a special Triple S recipe (as if they aren’t all special 😘). Nevertheless, this Lemon Lime Herb Paleo Oven Roasted Chicken is one of my favorite recipes! There’s something about diving into a homemade roasted chicken that makes you feel cozy and secure. 😋
A few years ago, my mom had me put in my birthday meal request, as she does every year, and I requested something uncommon—a lemon roasted chicken with mashed potatoes and vegetables. We didn’t have whole roasted chickens too often so she was a bit taken aback, but pleased by my request, to say the least. 😏🐓🍋
Not as pleased as me when I got the privilege of eating it for my birthday dinner! 😍😋
If you haven’t heard me say it before, my mom is an INCREDIBLE cook and baker! She’s totally my inspiration for my kitchen skills … and this recipe so thank you, Mom! ☺️🌹💖
Nevertheless, the taste of that lemon chicken never left my tongue—so much so that I had to create a version similar to remind me of my mom.
Now introducing Lemon Lime Herb Paleo Oven Roasted Chicken! 💃🏻
I was a bit intimidated to tackle a whole chicken. For one, I had never done it before and secondly, I didn’t know what to expect when preparing it. 😳 If you’ve made a whole roasted chicken or turkey before you know what I’m talking about. It’s not the most delightful thing to reach into a chicken 😬, but after cleaning everything out this recipe is a breeze! 😎
This Lemon Lime Paleo Oven Roasted Chicken is like a luxury meal—perfect for a Christmas dinner if you ask me. 💁🏻 Wink wink. 😉
It’s juicy, tender, and has that tasty herb-lemon-lime flavor! Not to mention it’s a people pleaser recipe, guilt-free, and no-fuss. What more could you ask for? 😍
It even has that perfectly crisp skin, which is my favorite part. 😋
I love to pair it with my Paleo and Vegan Mashed Potatoes and vegetables. Or I arrange some baby red and purple potatoes with carrots and celery alongside the chicken, sprinkle them with some spices, and roast it all as one so it’s all done at the same time! 👍🏼
Regardless of how you serve this Lemon Lime Herb Paleo Oven Roasted Chicken, it is sure to satisfy! 😉
I hope you get a chance to try it out, maybe even for Christmas tomorrow! 😊 If you do make this mouthwateringly delicious chicken recipe don’t forget to snap a picture 📷 and share it with me on social media, tagging @sabrinassinlesssecrets and hashtagging #sabrinassinlesssecrets! 😘 See you on New Year’s Eve for my last post of 2017! ❤️ #TripleS #becausesinlessisdelicious
I will be busy preparing for Michael’s (THE BEST BROTHER IN FOREVER) birthday for the 28th:
As far as food goes, he requested:
Breakfast: Paleo Banana Bread french toast with berries (this is CRAZY good—the banana bread recipe is coming to you soon 😋)
Lunch: chicken wrap with Easy Paleo Tortillas
Dinner: Chicken Alfredo with peas
Dessert: Paleo double layer dark chocolate caramel cake with 24k gold
WISH ME LUCK! 😅 He’s worth way more than all the hard work. 😊💙
Anyways, I wish everyone a very Merry Christmas!!! ❤️💚 Don’t forget to bake Santa some cookies! He ❤️LOVES❤️ all of these:
and the classic Soft & Chewy Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
P.S. You and your loved ones will love all of these too! 😘
- 1 5lb. Organic, Free Range Whole Chicken
- 4-5 large garlic cloves, halved and mashed (*see notes for description)
- 1 ½ cups low sodium chicken broth
- 4 lemons
- 3 limes
- ¼ cup olive oil or fat of choice
- Large slices of red onion (optional for additional flavor)
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 ½ teaspoon lemon thyme or regular thyme
- 1 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Start by removing the giblets, feather remains, and fat of the chicken.
- Then, rinse inside and outside of the chicken and dry completely—the drier the crispier it will be.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and place the chicken in a roasting pan with the chicken broth and onion slices.
- Thereafter, whisk ½ teaspoon each of black pepper, salt, lemon pepper, rosemary, and Italian seasoning and 1 teaspoon onion powder, lemon (or regular) thyme, and parsley in a small bowl. Take the seasoning mixture and season the inside of the chicken.
- Cut 1 lemon and 1 lime in half or quarters and stuff them inside chicken, along with the garlic cloves.
- Pour the juice from the remaining lemons and limes all over the chicken, and then massage the olive oil all over the chicken.
- Next, season all over the chicken with the remaining spices.
- You can tie the legs together with twine for more even baking.
- Then, bake for 30 minutes, basting with the juices of the pan every 10 minutes to prevent burning and drying.
- Thereafter, carefully place foil over the top of the pan, using oven mitts, and return to the oven for 40 minutes.
- Then, take the foil off, pour juices over the top, and return it to the oven for 5-10 minutes to crisp up the skin (the internal temperature at the thickest point of the chicken should read 165°F with a meat thermometer when finished).
- Let the chicken rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy! 🙂
You can also add potatoes and veggies around the chicken. Just sprinkle with additional spices and remember to baste them too! 😉
Store any leftovers in an airtight container or plastic bag in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.