This Easy Paleo BBQ Sauce has all the flavors merged into one delightfully sinless sauce—sweet, tangy, and a little fiery. Although this Paleo BBQ Sauce is gluten-free, vegan, refined sugar-free, and clean-eating, the best thing about it is how simple and quick it is to make! Now you can have a delicious and healthy BBQ sauce all year-round!
When I think of summer the first thing that comes to mind—besides the blazing, unbearably, unforgiving heat—is barbecue. 😂 Like most, BBQ sauce is always welcome in my kitchen. 😋 Hence, this Easy Paleo BBQ Sauce emerged fairly quickly after I switched to a clean-eating lifestyle.
I have made many variations of this Easy Paleo BBQ Sauce, mainly because it took me a while to write down the final recipe, but, regardless, this is the one! 😆
BBQ sauce makes awesome company during the summertime, especially with 4th of July right around the corner! 🎆🇺🇸🎆 Anything fun planned? Me? I’m staying out of this CRAZY heat!! 🔥😩🔥 It’s been 112°F-120°F lately and I’m not having it! ✋🏼Like I’ve said, I need to be where it’s cold! Hot weather doesn’t sit well with me. 😤 Nevertheless, I will most definitely be cooking up a storm. 😉
It might seem like there are a few too many ingredients in this recipe, but believe me, every addition in this Easy Paleo BBQ Sauce makes it that much better and rewarding. Plus, how hard can using measuring spoons and whisking be? 😏 You got this! 😊
One of the 🌟star🌟 ingredients I use in this Easy Paleo BBQ Sauce is my Quick & Easy Paleo Ketchup. 🍅 ❤️ Ever since I started making the BBQ sauce with my homemade sinless ketchup my experience with BBQ sauce has blossomed into a whole new reality. 🙌🏼 🌸 The taste is unmatchable, because I’ve never had BBQ sauce like this before! 😍
Before you start throwing judgments around, I know everyone has a different preference when it comes to BBQ sauce. #Respect. 😎
However, with this Easy Paleo BBQ Sauce the taste is so fresh, overlaying your tongue with flavors your taste buds could only dream of. 🌚🌠 Yes, very dramatic. 😂 Raw honey/maple syrup, blackstrap molasses, Kimberly’s The Best Paleo Slow-Cooker Applesauce, and ketchup form a sense of sweetness, softening the intense power of cayenne, smoked paprika, and black pepper. 💥 Organic apple cider vinegar and Dijon mustard don’t forget to make an appearance either, adding a subtle zing to this recipe. 😎
As you can guess, this Easy Paleo BBQ Sauce has it all, but it’s a perfect balance, in my opinion—not too sweet, spicy, or tangy.
Wanna know what my two favorite things are to drench with this Easy Paleo BBQ Sauce? Paleo Slow-Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches and Fall off the Bone Paleo Baby Back BBQ Ribs (coming soon!). ❤️❤️❤️
I can’t say enough good things about all of THAT! 😋 However, what I can say, is that this delicious Easy Paleo BBQ Sauce makes every dish that much tastier! You just need to try it for yourself! 😘
If you make this recipe, don’t forget to take a picture and tag me on social media so I can see it! 😘❤️#sabrinassinlesssecrets @sabrinassinlesssecrets #becausesinlessisdelicious #TripleS #sinlesssunday
- 1 cup Quick & Easy Paleo Ketchup
- ½ cup Kimberly's The Best Paleo Slow-Cooker Applesauce (or no sugar added, natural applesauce)
- 2 tablespoons raw honey or pure maple syrup for vegan
- ¼ cup coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon blackstrap molasses
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons coarse black pepper
- 1 heaping teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon Cholula hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon Wright’s Applewood Liquid Smoke (optional)
- ⅛ - ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, depending on how hot you like it
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- In a medium bowl, whisk all the dry ingredients.
- Next, in a large bowl, whisk all the wet ingredients.
- Thereafter, pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Pour sauce into a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, covered, for about 15 minutes and up to 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Once it simmers, turn the heat down to low.
- Remove from heat and let it cool before placing in a jar or container to store in the fridge.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Cooking time doesn't include the time to make the Quick & Easy Paleo Ketchup.