This Quick & Easy Paleo Ketchup is different than your average store-bought ketchup—it’s full of freshness and unprocessed ingredients! With just the right touch of spices and flavors this ketchup will surely become your new kitchen staple. This tasty, natural ketchup is refined sugar-free, vegan, gluten-free, and clean-eating.
What if someone told you in under 30 minutes you could have homemade, delicious, and good-for-you ketchup?
The implausible is now a reality—introducing … Quick & Easy Paleo Ketchup!!! 🤗
You might think I’m weird, but, I have to admit, I’ve never been a fan of ketchup. I know, I know. It sounds outlandish, because practically everyone grew up dipping just about anything and everything in that red, sweet and savory sauce.
In addition to me never eating ketchup, I’ve never been much of a condiment girl. A little bit goes a long way for me.
I remember from the time I was a little girl until I hit sixteen I was fixated with chicken tenders/fingers. Every time I went out to eat there was no surprise what I ordered. My Grandpa Mike used to tell me I was going to turn into a chicken. 😂
BUT I could only eat them with ranch. I even dipped my fries in ranch, which might sound odd to some. Nevertheless, I guess ranch dressing took the place of ketchup for me. Sadly I had to give it up, but I will most definitely be posting a sinless version! 😉
Since I’m not a ketchup lover, I’m sure you’re wondering why I bothered making a Paleo version. Well, there are a few reasons why…
- There are a lot of sauces and recipes that use ketchup (hence, my Paleo Slow-Cooker Pulled Pork BBQ Sandwiches)
- Michael is obsessed with ketchup
- For all of you that can’t have store-bought ketchup. 🙂
I despise refined sugar and processed ingredients, so making this Quick & Easy Paleo Ketchup was a must for me to use in clean-eating recipes. I also know how cherished it is, so I needed to make it for all of you who are sensitive to the store-bought brands—or who follow a healthy lifestyle, like me. 🙂
Nevertheless, I felt uncomfortable making this Quick & Easy Paleo Ketchup—how would I know if it amounted to Heinz, Hunts, or any of the other famously popular brands?
Luckily, I had Michael as my professional taste tester! He’s one of those people who immersed pretty much everything in it—I swear it accompanied him with just about every meal. He’s no doubt a ketchup aficionado.
However, ketchup is one of the things I had been telling him to cut out of his diet, since ketchup is inflammatory (thanks to the tomatoes) and bad for the human body from the processed, toxic, and chemical ingredients and hidden sugars. Yikes.😬
After awhile, poor Michael didn’t have anything else to say other than, “Okay, Warden.”
That’s one of the names that he calls me. 😂
Needless to say, I whipped this up after doing a little research on the spices. I wasn’t sure if I hit the nail on the head, but I proceeded to cook it for 20 minutes, anxious for Michael to try the finished product.
When he walked into the kitchen he said, “Mmm, something smells good in here.”
It made me happy since he can’t smell that well (I’m not sure why lol).
I eagerly asked him to try some ketchup with some homemade oven baked fries I made him.
Even though it was still warm, he didn’t hesitate since he hadn’t been reunited with ketchup in months. Unable to wait for his food, he took a spoon and tried a little bit. His eyes beamed like I’ve never seen before.
“Oh my god! What is that? That’s the best ketchup I’ve ever had!”
I was shocked! I thought this would be one of those recipes I’d have to try a few times to get just right—but apparently not.
This Quick & Easy Paleo ketchup is a bit thicker than traditional ketchup (add a little bit more water if you want to thin it out). However, Michael said it’s perfect. It’s just the right amount of sweet (you can control the amount of sweetener) and savory!
Just look at all the love this Quick & Easy Paleo Ketchup is putting out!
F.Y.I. this ketchup gets even better after you let it cool in the fridge, and it tastes BEYOND AMAZING in my Easy Paleo BBQ sauce. I used it the other night to make Paleo baby back ribs and they were some of the best ribs I’ve ever had. So now I LOVE this Quick & Easy Paleo Ketchup too!! 😍 I’m never buying store-bought ketchup again.
Hope you enjoy! With the super bowl coming up, I’m sure this Quick & Easy Paleo Ketchup will be a great dipping sauce to have on the table! 🙂
- 2 6 oz. cans tomato paste, organic
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce, organic
- 3-4 tablespoons filtered water (depending on the consistency you prefer)
- 2 tablespoons – ¼ cup pure maple syrup or honey (to taste) (*use maple syrup for vegan)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, organic
- 1-2 garlic gloves very finely minced
- ½ small white or yellow onion chopped
- ½ - 1 teaspoon kosher salt (to taste)
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon finely ground black pepper or white pepper (to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon mustard powder
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon allspice
- In a high-speed blender or food processor, blend the chopped onion and minced garlic until completely smooth (you don’t want any chunks in your ketchup!)
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until fully incorporated and smooth.
- Transfer the ketchup to a medium saucepan and cook on low for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Allow the ketchup to reach room temperature before storing in a mason jar or other airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Feel free to half the recipe for a smaller batch or double it for a larger batch!