A sinless version of Alfredo sauce is finally here! This Sinless & Skinny Alfredo Sauce has the same creamy, milky, and delightfully buttery-cheesy taste we all treasure. However, we’re ditching the heavy cream, butter, and preservatives for this recipe! The only dairy in this Sinless & Skinny Alfredo Sauce is freshly shredded Parmesan cheese. Did I forget to mention that this recipe is also gluten-free and super easy to whip up?!
As I promised last week, I’m delivering more savory dishes. 😋 Hello, Sinless & Skinny Alfredo Sauce! 💃🏻 This recipe is one of my favorites because I can eat pasta and, literally, not feel like I’m skipping out on the traditional Alfredo sauce that I was eating before. Plus! It’s completely guilt-free and DELICIOUS!! 😍
Let’s get one thing straight, my older brother, Michael, does NOT cook. He definitely as the potential to be an amazing cook, but he just hates to do it. However, there are two things that he likes to cook: pork chops and pasta. When he makes his yummy pork chops he has to have his Alfredo pasta on the side, along with peas.
I know, this sounds like the weirdest concoction, but that’s my brother for ya. 😆He surprises me a lot with his food ideas. Lol
Regardless of how strange it sounds, it’s super tasty and it’s usually my only “day off” meal—that is, if my mom doesn’t make us a fresh batch of food after visiting! 💗❤️💗❤️Michael used to make dinner once a week, but that’s long gone. I think I’ve fully taken over the kitchen, which means all the cooking/baking is in my hands. 😈 And Kandy’s. Let’s not forget about my glorious candy red Kitchen Aide sidekick/kitchen buddy.
Nevertheless, pasta is one of Michael’s favorite meals in the whole world! So when he found out that he had to go gluten-free, it was like an apocalypse on Earth had occurred and life no longer existed. 😱😰So dramatic.
Luckily, we found some awesome and yummy gluten-free pasta brands to settle his nerves. 😊 On the other hand, what he didn’t realize was how unhealthy the “all-natural” store-bought jar he used every week was. I told him countless times how he needed to trash all of the processed store-bought items he was consuming every day (how else do you think my Quick & Easy Paleo Ketchup emerged?).
Did he listen? The answer is … eventually. 😜 Persistence is key, people!
When he threw out the final jars of Alfredo sauce, I was so proud of him, but it made me sad to see him completely crestfallen without his beloved Alfredo pasta. 💔😞
In that sense, a sinless mission occurred, and that’s when this Sinless & Skinny Alfredo Sauce birthed. 💪🏼
I definitely don’t like pasta as much as my brother, so this recipe was chiefly created for my bro!
What was his response when I prepared it for him? A total reaction of exhilaration. He boiled up his favorite pasta noodles: Tinkyada Brown Rice Pasta (this shape is his favorite) and didn’t hesitate to reunite with his, arguably, favorite side dish.
“MMMMMM!!!” was his reaction.
If I remember correctly, I don’t even think I had time to ask the question that so commonly comes out of my mouth: “How does it taste?” 😂
He gobbled up half of his “serving” of pasta (more like the size of three servings) in a few minutes! He kept telling me, through the mere split seconds of time before spoiling his mouth with another fork-full of pasta, how “excellent” it tasted and how “it’s so much better than the other pasta!”
Too sweet. 😊💙
I felt pleasantly surprised and a bit of disbelief that I nailed the recipe the first try. I let my thoughts take the reins. There’s no way. It can’t be that easy AND have taken under 20 minutes to make. There has to be something I need to add or remove. It can’t be perfect. 😤
Before getting into the taste of this Sinless & Skinny Alfredo Sauce, let me start by saying how the consistency of these noodles is IDENTICAL to bleached flour noodles and they taste WAYYYY better! We love these noodles; I highly recommend them. 😋😍
Getting back to the story, when I sat down, I admired how the pasta looked drenched in the Sinless & Skinny Alfredo Sauce—creamy and white with steam rolling off it’s glistening, herb-speckled beauty. 😉Mmhmm. 😏 This Sinless & Skinny Alfredo Sauce blanketed the noodles just as well as the traditional jarred one.
The taste? Oh wow. When I finally got around to trying it, my disbelief vanished. It was perfection. 🙌🏼 Anything homemade is much better than store-bought, so you can image how delicious a homemade Alfredo sauce tastes. Well, I can tell you that this Sinless & Skinny Alfredo Sauce tastes incredible. It’s fresh and bursting with just the right amount of spices. I really can’t believe this pasta doesn’t have any heavy cream, milk, or butter in it, because it still tastes like it’s there! 😧 What?!
Could this Sinless & Skinny Alfredo Sauce be one of those bizarre, magical recipes? I think so, but you have to taste it for yourself … just to be sure. 😉
I hope you guys love this Sinless & Skinny Alfredo Sauce! Michael and I absolutely love it, and it makes me delighted that he can have one of his favorite dishes back in his life again—and even better tasting! 😋 If you make this recipe, please take a picture and share it with me! Don’t forget to tag me so I can see. 😘❤️ #sabrinassinlesssecrets @sabrinassinlesssecrets #becausesinlessisdelicious #TripleS #sinlesssunday
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk (don’t sub for light; it needs the extra healthy fat for the creaminess)
- 1 ½ cups freshly shredded parmesan cheese (THIS is the kind I use)
- 1 cup chicken/vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon tapioca/arrowroot starch
- 1 tablespoon refined coconut oil (can sub olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon ghee (can sub grass-fed butter or more coconut oil)
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley (can sub with 1 teaspoon dried parsley)
- 1-2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black or white pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme or rosemary
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- 1 16 oz. package of gluten-free pasta (we love THIS brand)
- In a large skillet, on medium-high heat, add the coconut oil and ghee and stir until melted. Add the minced garlic and stir until fragrant.
- Next, add the can of coconut milk and broth and whisk together. Once it starts to boil, turn the heat down to medium, so it’s simmering.
- Thereafter, whisk in the lemon juice and spices.
- Then, sprinkle the tapioca/arrowroot starch over the sauce and whisk to combine.
- Lastly, stir in the Parmesan cheese. (If you have an immersion blender I recommend using it for an extra creamy texture!)
- Allow the sauce to simmer for about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it has thickened to your liking.
- Serve with your favorite pasta noodles and enjoy! 😊
*If you made pasta with it, store it in an airtight container for 3-4 days and gently reheat in a saucepan over medium heat; you may want to add a tablespoon of water. 😊