Blackberries and blueberries are back to steal the show for another week! Say hello to these Black & Blueberry Gluten-Free Crumble Bars! These bars make perfect snacks, and thanks to their not overly sweet flavor, they’re just as perfect for breakfast bars too! These Black & Blueberry Gluten-Free Crumble Bars couldn’t be more fitting for spring and summer. Now, who wants a gluten-free, vegan, refined sugar-free, dairy-free, and clean-eating snack bar that’s also totally yummy and easy to make?!
Last week I posted my sinless Paleo Black and Blueberry Jam recipe, in which I promised I’d present you with another recipe utilizing it. Well, here it is! Black & Blueberry Gluten-Free Crumble Bars!! 😍
These Black & Blueberry Gluten-Free Crumble Bars are so delicious it’s pretty unbelievable that they aren’t bad for you!
They actually remind me of my once-loved nutri-grain cereal bars. Right before I cut out all store-bought snacks, nutri-grain bars were one of the last “healthy” snacks I ate. They were my after dinner bar, joined with even more berries. I know, I’m a fruit freak—I told you this in my about section. 😆🍓🍇🍉🍌🍍🍒🍎🍐🍑🍊
Nevertheless, after I became an avid label reader, I chucked them and never looked back. 👋 Since I used to love them so much (the strawberry and raspberry were my jam 😏), I, of course, made my own sinless version. 💁🏻 However, for now, you’re going to have to settle with a gift from the loveable world of sinless satisfaction—Black & Blueberry Gluten-Free Crumble Bars. ❤️😋❤️
The base of these bars offers a soft crunch that soon becomes addicting! Yes, this is your first warning. These Black & Blueberry Gluten-Free Crumble Bars are very addictive. 😳 I think it might be the middle layer of sweet, spreadable Paleo Black and Blueberry Jam, gracing your tongue with natural sweetness and berryliciousness (if you’re doubting the factuality of this word, urban dictionary will prove you wrong. Lol 😂 I swear I didn’t put it on there).
“Have you seen Steven today?”
“He’s full of berryliciousness today!”
Or could it be the soft, baked-just-right top layer of whole blackberries and blueberries that are atop the jam? 😎
Hmm … Maybe it’s the crumbles of the almond and oat crust, trailing around the black and blue land of very berry goodness! 😜
For whatever reason, these Black & Blueberry Gluten-Free Crumble Bars are delightful anytime of the day. As I mentioned earlier, they aren’t overly sweet, making them fitting for a grab-and-go, healthy breakfast bar! However, they are sweet enough to curb your cravings and, of course, make you feel like you’re being a tad bit sinful. 😈 Although, we all know it’s all about the sinless on Sabrina’s Sinless Secrets. 😉
These Black & Blueberry Gluten-Free Crumble Bars are also extremely easy to make. So for all you “I can’t bake!” people out there—you definitely CAN! I have all the faith in the world in you, as you know I would never steer you wrong. 😘💗
I also wanted to share that I might not be posting a recipe this next Sunday. 😔 I’ll be moving again—for the FIFTH time in five years 😖lol. I might be able to finagle it into my schedule, but this next week I’ll definitely be busy with packing and moving! Regardless if I post a new recipe or not, I’ll still post something on Instagram for you. ❤️
Before I go, I also want to disclose that the song Shape of My Heart by the Backstreet Boys came on while I was writing this post … from their Black & Blue album! 😱 Meant to be? I think so. 😌I hope you guys love these Black & Blueberry Gluten-Free Crumble Bars! 😊 If you end up making them please take pictures and tag me so I can see all their berryliciousness. 😂 #sabrinassinlesssecrets #TripleS #becausesinlessisdelicious #sinlesssunday
- 1 ¼ cup gluten-free rolled oats (about 113g)
- 1 cup blanched almond flour (112g) (can sub almond meal, but it will leave a grainy texture)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (about 112g) (can sub another nut of choice—almond, pecans, etc.)
- 1 batch Paleo Black and Blueberry Jam (equals 1 cup)
- ½ cup fresh blackberries and blueberries
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup (can sub raw honey if not vegan)
- ¼ cup flax meal (26g)
- 2 tablespoons organic, unrefined coconut oil, melted (28g)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened vanilla almond milk (can sub another non-dairy milk of choice)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ ginger
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a 9x9-inch baking pan with parchment paper or foil. Alternatively you can also grease the pan with coconut oil!
- Next, place all of the ingredients—excluding the jam and fresh berries—in a food processor or high-speed blender and blend until it combines and forms a ball.
- Thereafter, press the dough in the bottom of the pan with a spatula, reserving ½ cup for the crumble topping.
- Bake the base of the bars for 10 minutes. Once done, let it cool for about 15 minutes.
- After the base of the bars have cooled, spread the jam evenly over the base and scatter the fresh berries over the top.
- Then, take the remaining dough and crumble it over the top of the bars. The dough will be a bit sticky.
- Using a spatula, gently press over the top, securing the crumble and fresh berries.
- Lastly, place it in the oven for 28-30 minutes, or until the top is lightly golden.
- Let the bars rest for about 30-45 minutes before slicing. Enjoy! 🙂
You can also use a 8x8-inch square baking pan, but the bars will be thicker and you might need to increase the baking time a bit. 🙂