These Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds are full of flavor, making them the perfect tasty and nutritious snack! Besides their addictive fiery seasoned taste, they’re naturally Paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, refined sugar-free, and clean-eating!
I’ve been making some serious homemade pumpkin purée this fall season, which left me with quite a few pumpkin seeds. Instead of leaving them plain and roasting them, I decided to add some ✨pizzazz✨ with this Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds recipe. 🔥🎃
Another contributing factor to this popable snack is my dad. He loves snacking on seeds and pumpkin seeds happen to be one of his faves. 😏 I don’t eat seeds as much as I used to so I thought that I might as well make something just for him. He also inspired the flavors because I remembered how he always liked to eat jalapeño sunflower seeds.
Nonetheless, I’ve posted a few sinless sweets this month in spirit of Halloween, (have you checked out my Paleo Dark Chocolate Orange Cream Truffles, Paleo Pumpkin Chocolate Chunk Spider Cookies, or my Gluten-Free and Vegan Crunch Bars?) but I also wanted to throw in a savory variety with these Spicy Roast Pumpkin Seeds. 😋
You obviously can’t give out pumpkin seeds to little kids, but they do make a perfect fall treat for anyone that can handle the heat and finagling them out of the shells without making them a choking hazard. 😲
Anyone like watching festive Halloween or scary movies/shows during this time of the year? 🙋🏻 I know I do. 😈👻 These Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds will be one of your go-tos on your movie night munchies list. 📝 However, be sure not to have a mouthful if you’re planning on doing some shrieking, because that’s a choking hazard on its own. 😆 No … seriously. 😬
Before you run to the kitchen to prepare these pumpkin seeds, let me blow your mind yet again with the sinless, delicious, and nutritious facts of pumpkin seeds.💃🏻 They are/can:
- Full of vitamins and minerals, like, vitamin K, vitamin B2, iron, zinc, copper, magnesium, and phosphorus
- High in antioxidants
- Heart healthy
- Improve a better nights sleep from the help from the amino acid tryptophan
- Help with fertility and sperm quality in men from the help of zinc and other antioxidants
- Reduce blood sugar levels
- Very high in fiber
- Possibly help or prevent the risk of certain cancers, such as, breast, colon, stomach, lung, and prostate cancer (pretty AMAZING, huh?)
- Only 151 calories per ounce (28g)
- Easy to incorporate into your diet
- Easy to prepare
- Naturally Paleo, gluten-free, vegan, dairy-free, refined sugar-free—hello, healthy snack!
Have you shrieked yet? 😱
Well, more good news is that my recipe contains turmeric and cayenne pepper, two very powerful spices. 💪🏼👊🏼 These super spices benefit us so much that I could write a post about each on their own! Just know that they both:
- Relieve pain (arthritis, stomach, skin conditions (shingles, psoriasis,
- Prevent and can help CURE cancers and sickness
- Help stomach pain and conditions (ulcerative colitis, diarrhea, menstrual cramps, aids in digestion etc.)
- Help with weight loss and obesity
- Aid in diabetes management
- Are anti-inflammatory
- Are anti-depressants
- Prevent blood clots
So, get your mood, health, and taste buds on with the power of these Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds! 🙌🏼🎃
As for the taste, there’s a lot of punch going on in these little pumpkin seeds, featuring: sea salt, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, turmeric, and the star of the spicy … cayenne pepper. All that yumminess is tossed in extra virgin olive oil for an even more wholesome addition. 😍
I randomly threw this recipe together last year after, yes, you guessed it, making a batch of pumpkin purée 😂 and brought them up north to my dad to test out. I think they tasted pretty excellent given the fact that he ate half the bag in one night! 😜👏🏼
Nevertheless, you don’t need to make pumpkin purée to make these Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds, but if you do, you’ll need two pie pumpkins or 1 ½ cups of raw pumpkin seeds. 👍🏼
To make these magical sinless creations, you’ll want to start out by tossing them in the olive oil in a large bowl. Then add the spices and toss again until coated evenly.
Arrange them evenly on a large baking sheet and cook on 315°F for 25-30 minutes, flipping every 5-10 minutes for even baking, or until desired doneness.
Make sure they cool down before you take on a mouthful. The seasoning will grace your tongue, leaving it with a tingly hot aftermath. 😋💥🔥🎃
If you make these Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds don’t forget to snap a picture 📷 and share it with me on social media tagging @sabrinassinlesssecrets and hashtagging #sabrinassinlesssecrets so I don’t miss it! 😘❤️ Also, don’t forget to check out the links below on the health benefits of pumpkin seeds, cayenne pepper, and turmeric so you can read into their powers further! 😊
- If you use pumpkin seeds from pie pumpkins (you’ll need about two to make 1 ½ cups of seeds) make sure you rinse and dry them thoroughly (overnight) before proceeding.
- Preheat the oven to 315°F and line a large baking sheet with foil.
- Next, in a large bowl, toss the pumpkin seeds in the olive oil until fully coated. Then, add the spices and toss until evenly coated.
- Thereafter, arrange the seeds on the baking sheet so they aren’t overlapping too much.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, flipping every 5-10 minutes for even baking, or until desired doneness. They should be golden and browned.
- Allow them to fully cool before popping a handful in your mouth. 😉 Enjoy!
This recipe can easily be multiplied to your liking. 🙂