These cooling, refreshing, sweet, and tropical Paleo & Vegan Piña Colada Popsicles are the best way to combat the summer heat. There’s no nasty refined sugar to sweeten these; just a little bit of maple syrup and pineapple. You won’t miss a thing since these are way better! You won’t believe these delicious popsicles are Paleo, vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, dairy-free, and clean-eating certified!
What are some of your favorite summer foods? For me, anything that will help me cool down is always a plus! Hello, ice cream, smoothies, and … popsicles—Paleo & Vegan Piña Colada Popsicles, that is. 😎🌴🍍
Sorry, adults, there’s no alcohol in these popsicles, but I don’t think you’ll miss it. These Paleo & Vegan Piña Colada Popsicles might not get you boozed-up, but they will make you feel amazing with all their nutritional benefits. 💪🏼❤️🙌🏼
Did you know how powerful pineapples and coconuts are? I bet if you did, you’d make a point to eat them everyday!
Pineapples are known for:
- Anti-inflammatory capabilities (great for arthritis sufferers and the like)
- High amounts of vitamin C, helping to maintain/build a strong immune system
- Creating collagen, which benefits our skin, bone, hair, organs, and healing process
- Preventing/combating cancer thanks to their antioxidants, like, vitamin C, vitamin A, and manganese and vitamins and minerals, like, potassium, magnesium, and copper
- Healthy digestion from soluble and insoluble fiber, protecting against constipation, diarrhea, and IBS
- Preventing high blood pressure and blood clotting
- Fighting colds, coughs, and infections
- Promoting oral health from their astringent properties (helps to strengthen tissues and your body to eradicate loose teeth, hair, and skin, and also muscle weakness)
- Preserving eye health from beta carotene
- Reducing the risk of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia
That’s a lot of incredible, life-changing benefits! Pineapple is one of Michael’s favorite fruits so I always make sure to have some freshly cut up pineapple in the fridge for us as a little snack or for smoothies. 🍍💛🍍
Believe it or not, coconut oil is even more miraculous! 😮 I could write pages and pages of health info about how many capabilities it has—you name it, it does it!
In short, I think Dr. Axe said it best with his 20 Coconut Oil Benefits and Side Effects article. Coconut oil carries a lot of the same benefits as pineapple, so you’re looking at a double dose of nourishment! In addition, coconut milk and coconut water also have similar benefits to coconut oil, but aren’t as remarkable. Here is some info on coconut milk and coconut water!
That being said, are you catching my drift at how amazing these Paleo & Vegan Piña Colada Popsicles are?!
They taste anything but the misconception of “healthy food.” These Paleo & Vegan Piña Colada Popsicles are so tropically delicious that I got some sparkling, animated feedback. ✨😋✨🌟✨👏🏼✨ Is that a thing? In this case, yes it is. 😏
Before I begin, you can thank my bro/bestie for these Paleo & Vegan Piña Colada Popsicles. Once spring rolled around, I asked him what flavor popsicle he wanted me to sinless-ify first.
What? 💁🏻 I had no idea about his liking for this flavor. It’s been twenty-three years of us living together and he still continues to shock me with his food choices. 😂
Furthermore, I made these popsicles twice to get them just right. The first time I made them, they tasted like a watered down piña colada popsicle—not very exciting or satisfying at all. 😕 I needed to increase the pineapple for sure. According to Michael, I needed to ditch the, “specks of white,” as well, as he doesn’t even really like coconut. 😂
Is it starting to sink in why I didn’t understand the initial request for these?? 😆
The “specks of white” were unsweetened coconut flakes. They’re a wonderful addition, so don’t take his opinion too seriously. If you’re a coconut lover that’s not afraid of a little something extra with their popsicles go ahead and add them. 😉 They are pictured with the coconut flakes.
The second attempt was piña colada popsicle perfection! 😍 Before I poured the liquid into the popsicle molds, my finger grabbed a dab of unsolidified piña colada popsicle. My tongue didn’t mind cleaning it off. Once they met, my eyes ignited and I knew they’d be super good once frozen. 😋
Michael saw my face and eagerly asked, “Is it good?”
I responded with, “I’ll let you be the judge in a few hours.”
Once he locked onto that popsicle that grimace of confusion with the first attempt washed away. He was in heaven. 😇
“MMM! This is exactly what I wanted. Tastes just like piña colada. I don’t know how you do this.”
I completely agreed when I pulled one out for myself.
My mom also told me how much she enjoyed them! She said she wouldn’t change a thing. She even let one get melty and ate it as a slushy. 😋 Har Bear had some, too, and agreed with their delectableness. 🐶 Yep, these are puppy-approved, too! 😜
The summery flavors of coconut and pineapple create that signature yummy tropical piña colada taste. They’re naturally sweetened from the pineapple and the addition of maple syrup, if needed. These yellow “icesavers” have cooling super powers that destroy our enemy we call heat. 🚫🔥 They heal and satisfy all at the same time; plus they’re easy on the eyes. 😜 Talk about a triple threat on Triple S. 😘
Another fantastic quality these showstoppers have is they take only MINUTES to prepare. You literally just blend up the five or six, if using the flakes, ingredients and pour it into your prepared molds. After they’re done freezing, you have your very own sinless Paleo & Vegan Piña Colada Popsicles!!
Before I go, I need to share another response I got from a co-worker and friend of mine named Cody. I was telling her about my plans to make these and she practically screamed, telling me how much she LOVED piña colada!! What kind of friend would I be if I didn’t bring her one to try also?
After Cody got home from work, she called me to express how much she loved them. It was one of THE BEST responses I have ever gotten! There’s some language so I won’t give detailed quotes and turn X-rated 😈 (this is Sabrina’s Sinless Secrets), but let’s just say she went on about how delicious they were and couldn’t believe they were healthy!
When are people going to start recognizing: because sinless is delicious isn’t my slogan for no reason? 😘
She even urged me to sell them at the restaurant quite a few times. 😂 Our phone call ended with her urgently having to pull the only popsicle I gave her away from her boyfriend! 😂 So funny! Apparently he was upset that I didn’t give her some more. I will definitely be making more for her and her family after that phone call! Seriously, it was one of the funniest, most amazing phone calls I’ve ever gotten—I’m giggling as I write this! 💖
Nevertheless, if you want to feel the Paleo & Vegan Piña Colada Popsicle experience, then you need to make these ASAP! Don’t forget to take a picture and post it on your social media, tagging me so I can see all our your popsicle-making perfection! 😘❤️ #sabrinassinlesssecrets @sabrinassinlesssecrets #becausesinlessisdelicious #TripleS
- 2 ½ cups freshly cubed pineapple (about 1 small pineapple)
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons - ¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes (Optional—mine are pictured with a ¼ cup of flakes)
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup (optional for additional sweetness; I used 2 tablespoons) (can sub raw honey, but won’t be vegan)
- 1 tablespoon unrefined, extra virgin organic coconut oil, (14g)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Prepare your popsicle molds for pouring; I used this one, but I also have these.
- Add the whole can of coconut milk, freshly cubed pineapple, maple syrup/honey (if using), coconut oil, and vanilla extract in a blender or food processor and blend until creamy. (If you would like to leave some chunks of pineapple in your popsicles, like the one pictured above, start by pulsing the pineapple first until it’s the desired consistency you prefer and reserve some of it in a separate bowl for layering).
- Next, add the coconut flakes (if using) and pulse a few times to incorporate them.
- Pour the smoothie-like mixture into the molds, leaving some space at the top so they don’t overflow when putting the sticks in.
- If you want some chunks of pineapple in them, add a small layer of the pineapple in the popsicle molds first, then the blended piña colada mixture, and so on.
- Carefully move them to the freezer and freeze for at least 4 hours, until fully solidified. After about an hour, put the sticks in the center of each popsicle; be vigilant of how far you go, so you have enough for handling the popsicles when done.
These will last in a freezer safe container or freezer plastic bag for a few months!