This Paleo Apple Pork Tenderloin Slow Cooker recipe is ultra tender and juicy and full of that mildly sweet apple flavor you’d expect! It’s naturally gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and clean-eating certified! It’s a sure pleaser for a nice dinner or special occasion.
I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! 🙂 I woke up to this at my parents’ house! There’s nothing like a white Christmas morning.
And this was after a few hours of sunshine! The whole ground was covered. Sorry for my delayed pictures. It was so pretty.
When you think of Arizona, you probably imagine a dry, cacti filled desert. Well, that’s partially true, but, believe it or not, there are places in Arizona that are mountainous and cold!
I grew up in a small town in the mountains about an hour away from Phoenix. It’s 5,000 feet in elevation, so I’ve been familiar with snow since I was about eight years old.
Since I moved back to Scottsdale, I’m now in desert weather again—which I HATE! Then again, I love the city, so I had to choose between the two. I miss the cold weather for sure, but I know one day I’ll be reunited with it again. Hello, NYC! 😉
Nevertheless, before 2017 begins, I wanted to offer a bonus recipe this month—one that I think you’ll enjoy making for a lovely New Years Eve dinner! I’m unlocking my sinless secret recipe box to give you … Slow-Cooker Paleo Apple Pork Tenderloin with baby carrots and potatoes.
This is one of my favorite paleo pork loin slow cooker recipes. It’s easy to prepare and so gratifying when you realize that little of work yielded such a succulent, impressive meal! The apple slices sort of disappear after cooking for so long, merging into the ingredients. The apple flavor pairs wonderfully with the pork, potatoes, and carrots. The taste isn’t overly sweet, allowing it to still be a savory dish. However, I think the addition of the sweet apple compels people to go back for seconds!
I prepare it the night before so it can marinate overnight; this really helps for the flavors to absorb. It’s also much quicker to place everything in your slow-cooker in the morning.
Allow the Slow Cooker Paleo Apple Pork Tenderloin to cook on low for 8-9 hours for a shreddable roast. Feel free to slice it in medallions if that’s what you prefer. It might be kind of difficult since this roast is so juicy and tender!
I hope you like this Paleo Apple Pork Tenderloin Slow Cooker Recipe as much as I do! There’s nothing better than relishing comfort food that’s actually good for you! 🙂
Before I go I need to say Happy Birthday to my brother—the BEST brother EVER!!💙🎈 🎂🎈💙
I’m busy making him a very interesting (requested) dessert today with my mom. I just might post it, but we’ll see how it turns out! It’s a tart with a lemon-banana filling, almost, incorporating every type of fruit, with a graham cracker crust with a chocolate shell. There are a lot of flavors going on, people! Lol.
By the way, Michael and I finally finished the first book in our book series of ten—Unlock the Unknown: New Earth! We only have the E-book available for now. Please check it out on Amazon! https://www.amazon.com/Unlock-New-Earth-Michael-Essaff-ebook/dp/B01N2XALGF/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1482962973&sr=8-1&keywords=unlock+the+unknown+new+earth
- 2 – 2.5 lb. good quality pork loin
- 3 cups low-sodium beef broth (can sub with filtered water, but won’t be as flavorful)
- ½ cup Kimberly's The Best Paleo Slow-Cooker Applesauce (can sub no sugar added, natural applesauce)
- ¼ cup coconut aminos (If you aren’t Paleo, you can sub 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce and 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. baby carrots
- 12-16 baby potatoes (I used a mix of red and purple)
- 2 large apples, sliced and cored (I like to use granny smith, pink lady, or honey crisp)
- 4 large slices of red onion (Optional for extra flavor)
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2-3 garlic cloves, finely minced or 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- ½ teaspoon crushed rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Place all ingredients in an extra large plastic bag or slow-cooker (if space permits) in the refrigerator overnight. (*If placing in the slow-cooker overnight, follow instructions for arranging below).
- In the morning, pour all the sauce with the spices out of the plastic bag into the slow-cooker.
- Next, arrange a small layer of apple slices, carrots, and potatoes on the bottom of your slow-cooker.
- Set the pork loin on top of the prepared layer and arrange the rest of the apple slices, carrots, potatoes, and onion slices around the pork loin.
- Put the lid on and slow cook it on low for 8-10 hours for a juicy, tender roast.
- Pour the beef broth or water and coconut aminos in the slow-cooker
- Thereafter, set your pork loin on a plate or dish and put the carrots, potatoes, and apple slices in a large bowl.
- Rub the pork loin all over with 3 tablespoons olive oil.
- Next, put all the spices and garlic in a small bowl and use about ¾ of the mixture to massage into the pork loin.
- Drizzle the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil over the carrots, potatoes, and apple slices and sprinkle the rest of the spices over it. Stir it thoroughly with a wooden spoon to fully coat the carrots, potatoes, and apple slices.
- Arrange and cook as instructed above.
- When finished, you can shred the pork or slice it in medallions if you prefer.
- Enjoy! 🙂